We currently have multiple Customer Service Officer positions available at NCIE Fitness.
A mixture of shifts are available as our centre is open 7 days per week, ranging from 6am-9pm.
The National Centre of Indigenous Excellence (NCIE) is a not-for-profit social enterprise. We build capabilities and create opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples by delivering life-changing programs from our heritage-listed facilities in Redfern. Our values are Excellence, Inclusiveness, Integrity and Growth.
About the Job
As the face of NCIE Fitness & Aquatics Centre, Customer Service Officers must communicate and provide proactive information to members, guests, prospective new members. They must strive to exceed the expectations of members and guests in person and over the phone by delivering excellent customer service. Customer Service Officers engage with customers to assist with all NCIE related inquiries, selling NCIE Memberships and products from the shop as well as serving food and beverages from the NCIE café.
Customer Service Officer Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver high-quality customer service relating to inquiries or memberships, facility hire, and aquatics.
- Ensure all inquiries bookings, or cancellations are processed promptly, correctly, and according to established procedures and standards.
- Provide high-quality coffee and food service for all patrons, to industry standards.
- Maintain current knowledge, promote and clearly communicate to members and guests of Fitness or Aquatic programs and products.
- Support visitors and members to understand and adhere to the centre’s covid safety plan.
- Communicate and engage with a diverse range of visitors and members including Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander community members.
- Work in high pressure and busy environment.
- Excellent Customer Service experience with Strong sales background or equivalent service delivery position.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work constructively with all customers and team members.
- Good numeracy, written and oral communication skills, with some administration experience to facilitate.
- Computing skills, including the ability to utilise the Microsoft Office suite of applications in MS Windows, preferably including POS system experience.
- Experience communicating and engaging sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Capacity to work flexible rosters (as required) across the facility opening days (Mon-Sun) and extended trading hours, to meet customer and primary role requirements.
Benefits of working at NCIE
- Free onsite gym & pool membership
- NCIE t-shirts and hoodie upon commencement to be worn on shift
- A supportive working environment with opportunities for training and advancement
- Permanent shifts for our staff who exhibit excellent customer service
- Awards pay rates and conditions
- We are a 10-minute walk from Redfern Station
Submit your resume and a cover letter addressing the above selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org The subject title of your email should be “Customer Service Officer Application.”
To be successful with your application, you must hold a valid CPR Certificate, a current First Aid Certificate along with a Current Working with Children Check or the ability to obtain one.
Enquiries: Human Resources – email@example.com or phone 0427 965 788 during business hours.
NCIE is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to fostering a diverse workforce.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are highly encouraged to apply.