We currently have multiple casual Learn to Swim Instructor openings at NCIE Aquatics.
About the Job
We’re looking for licensed AUSTSWIM Instructors to join our energetic and enthusiastic Aquatics Programs team.
• Deliver Swimming Programs for all ages with an accredited 5 Star Water Safety Partner
• Join one of the most successful and celebrated swim programs in a culturally rich community
• Free access to NCIE’s full range of Fitness & Aquatics facilities.
As a LTS instructor at NCIE, you will provide high quality teaching to people of all ages in accordance with the AUSTSWIM and Swim NSW Industry guidelines and NCIE lesson plans.
You will deliver productive and fun lessons, providing a safe learning environment for all participants. You will actively seek to maintain and advance your instructional skill-set and be ready to provide a hand around the Fitness & Aquatics Centre as need arises.
These roles are offered on a casual basis.
You will have:
- Appropriate and current qualifications including a minimum of AUSTSWIM Certificate of Swimming and Water Safety Instruction OR Swim Australia Teaching License, HLTAID001 Provide CPR Certificate and NSW Working with Children Check.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work constructively with Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people and a knowledge and understanding of their cultures.
- Excellent understanding of risk management and safety in an aquatic or similar environment.
- Excellent oral communication and instructional direction skills.
- Demonstrable experience in swimming program delivery and community engagement.
- Demonstrable experience in customer service delivery.
- Completion of further swimming instruction training such as Teacher of Infant and Preschool, Teacher of Adults or Toward Competitive Strokes.
About the NCIE
The National Centre of Indigenous Excellence Ltd (NCIE) is a not-for-profit social enterprise. We build capabilities and create opportunities for young Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples by delivering life-changing programs from our facilities in Redfern.
Please apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter addressing the above selection criteria to Quinton Vea Vea, Aquatics Programs Coordinator: email@example.com. The subject title of your email should be “Learn to Swim Instructor Application.”
Closing date for applications is CoB Friday 11 October 2019.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are highly encouraged to apply.