We are looking for skilled and qualified Lifeguards to join the NCIE Aquatics team.
About the Job
NCIE Lifeguards are skilled and qualified members of the NCIE Aquatics team who provide supervision of our 25m indoor heated swimming pool to ensure that members and guests can enjoy our facilities safely.
The roles requires a practical approach and a commitment to provide a high level of customer service to a diverse range of members and guests.
The roles require a practical approach, high quality customer service, and direct member engagement.
Lifeguard Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all areas of the pool, including bathrooms off the aquatic area, are clean and safe for staff, members and users of the pool.
- Ensure that pool chemical testing is done accurately and quickly prior to pool opening each morning and then every 3 hrs thereafter.
- Communicate and deliver excellent customer service to any member or guest to the centre.
- Keep informed of any promotions currently available at the centre for members and guests and be able to communicate same with members and guests.
- Maintain currency of qualifications for this position.
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service.
- Hold current RLSSA (NSW) Pool Lifeguard Certificate.
- First Aid Certificate.
- Working with Children Check Clearance.
- Experience communicating and engaging with a range of members and guests including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Excellent understanding of WHS principles and risk management procedures.
Benefits of working at NCIE
- Free onsite gym & pool membership
- A supportive working environment with opportunities for training and advancement
- NCIE staff t-shirts and hoodie upon commencement.
- We are a 10-minute walk from Redfern Station
The National Centre of Indigenous Excellence Ltd (NCIE) is a not-for-profit social enterprise. We build capabilities and create opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples by delivering life-changing programs from our heritage-listed facilities in Redfern.
Please apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter addressing the above selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org The subject title of your email should be “Lifeguard Application.”
Enquiries: Human Resources, email@example.com or phone 02 9046 7802 during business hours.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are highly encouraged to apply.