We are working with Aboriginal Employment Services (AES) to offer Fitness Trainee roles at NCIE.
About the Job
NCIE is working with AES to offer Fitness Trainee roles at NCIE. As part of the traineeship you will:
- Complete a Certificate IV in Fitness.
- Work with our experienced Health and Fitness team to learn about the Fitness Industry.
At the end of the traineeship, the successful applicants will be qualified personal trainers with experience in running a range of group fitness classes at NCIE.
Fitness Trainee Duties and Responsibilities:
- The trainee will assist in the development, implementation and review of NCIE Health and Fitness products in accordance with Fitness Australia standards.
- Build sustainable and effective working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Be responsible for maintaining facility presentation by ensuring NCIE equipment is clean and safe with all housekeeping procedures adhered to.
- Actively seek to increase your knowledge of the Fitness industry.
- Attend promptly to all training responsibilities/requirements in relation to successfully qualifying with a Certificate IV in Fitness.
- Actively participate in risk assessment reviews for WHS and promptly report and risk issues to management.
- Demonstrated passion for the Fitness Industry.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work a range of shifts over a 7 day roster.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work constructively with Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islanders.
Benefits of working at NCIE
- Free onsite gym & pool membership
- A supportive working environment with opportunities for training and advancement
- NCIE staff t-shirts and hoodie upon commencement.
- We are a 10-minute walk from Redfern Station
The National Centre of Indigenous Excellence Ltd (NCIE) is a not-for-profit social enterprise. We build capabilities and create opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples by delivering life-changing programs from our heritage-listed facilities in Redfern.
Aboriginal Employment Strategy (AES) are responsible for the recruitment and employment of Fitness Trainees.
For information on how to apply, please contact:
Clayton Roberts (M) 0419 477 263 (E) email@example.com
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are highly encouraged to apply.