We currently have multiple Health & Fitness Team Member openings at NCIE Fitness.
About the Job
Health & Fitness Team Members are key drivers of excellence and wellbeing in the day-to-day life of the NCIE Fitness Community. They support the fitness activities and participation of members on the gym floor and transition interested clients into personal training and group fitness sessions. They also work to grow membership and improve member experience.
The roles require a practical approach, high quality customer service, and direct member engagement.
Health & Fitness Team Member Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain weekly personal training targets and motivate and positively engage with all members.
- Manage and deliver safe fitness programming and a variety of Group Fitness classes.
- Carry out and manage member induction process to ensure safe member participation and retention.
- Maintain a high standard of facility presentation, functionality, and security.
- Assist in development, implementation, and review of Health & Fitness products, in accordance with Fitness Australia standards.
- Ensure that the NCIE’s Purpose and Values are advanced in all promotion or delivery of fitness products and services.
- Work closely with Health & Fitness Coordinator to develop (where required) and carry out promotion and member retention campaigns.
- Handle any/all member information in line with ethics and privacy guidelines.
- Build sustainable and effective working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in projects and attend relevant meetings as required.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with a wide variety of individuals, capacity to motivate and inspire member participation, and proactively manage interruptions or delays.
- Experience in the fitness industry, including group activity leadership, one-to-one training, and management of individual safety and risks in the fitness environment.
- Possesses a breadth of fitness and health interests and activities to facilitate a range of programs and experience in developing new and innovative programs.
- Administrative capabilities to record attendances, track social and wellbeing outcomes, report against KPI’s.
- Highly developed communication skills to effectively facilitate and negotiate significant outcomes with a wide range of people, including the ability to communicate effectively with Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islanders and a knowledge and understanding of their cultures.
Benefits of working at NCIE
- Free onsite gym & pool membership
- A supportive working environment with opportunities for training and advancement
- NCIE staff t-shirts and hoodie upon commencement.
- We are a 10-minute walk from Redfern Station
The National Centre of Indigenous Excellence Ltd (NCIE) is a not-for-profit social enterprise. We build capabilities and create opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples by delivering life-changing programs from our heritage-listed facilities in Redfern.
Please apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter addressing the above selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org The subject title of your email should be “Health & Fitness Team Member Application.”
Enquiries: Human Resources, email@example.com or phone 0427 965 788 during business hours.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are highly encouraged to apply.