We are looking for skilled and qualified Learn to Swim Instructors to join the NCIE Aquatics team.
About the Job
NCIE’s certified Learn to Swim Instructors provide swimming lessons in our 6 lane heated indoor pool. They provide a high quality swimming education programs to children and adults of all levels in accordance with AUSTSWIM and SWIM NSW Industry guidelines.
The roles require a practical approach, high quality customer service, and direct member engagement.
Learn to Swim Instructor Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure care, supervision and security is provided to all children participating in Learn to Swim.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment for staff and members of the pool.
- Deliver excellent customer service to any member or guest of the centre.
- Keep up to date with any promotions in the centre.
- Maintain all qualifications required for the position.
- Deliver lessons in line with NCIE Learn to Swim Lesson plans.
- Maintain a welcoming and safe environment for all members of the centre
- Maintain qualifications and keep up to date with updates from the Aquatic Industry.
- Hold appropriate qualifications and other relevant professional training in the Aquatics industry.
- Demonstrated experience as a LTS Instructor
- Excellent oral communication skills to deliver instructional direction.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work constructively with Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islanders.
Benefits of working at NCIE
- Free onsite gym & pool membership
- A supportive working environment with opportunities for training and advancement
- NCIE staff t-shirts and hoodie upon commencement.
- We are a 10-minute walk from Redfern Station
The National Centre of Indigenous Excellence Ltd (NCIE) is a not-for-profit social enterprise. We build capabilities and create opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples by delivering life-changing programs from our heritage-listed facilities in Redfern.
Please apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter addressing the above selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org The subject title of your email should be “Learn to Swim Instructor Application.”
Enquiries: Human Resources, email@example.com or phone 02 9046 7802 during business hours.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are highly encouraged to apply.