Photo: NCIE staff and Job Ready participants working at a Transport for NSW Conference held at the NCIE in November, which catered for almost 400 people.
- Wednesday 5 December, 10am-4:30pm, Office of the Children’s Guardian: SAFE Series Workshop
This is an interactive workshop to help people develop and implement effective and practical child safe policies and procedures in the workplace. Participants will receive a workbook which includes templates and Child Safe tools.
Participants will learn about:
- Creating a child-safe culture
- Situational prevention and effective risk management
- Recruitment and selection tips
- Obligations under the Working With Children Check
- Complaints management techniques
Entry is free but registration with the Office of the Children’s Guardian is required. Register your place here.
- Thursday 13 December, 2pm – 4pm, Voyages Recruitment Information Session
Voyages Indigenous Tourism is a company with properties all over Australia, including Ayers Rock Resort at Uluru. They’re coming to the NCIE in December to speak with people that might be interested in working or undertaking a traineeship with them.
There’s heaps of available positions, including in kitchen, landscaping, retail and management, and they’re looking for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to fill them.
Voyages is running info sessions at Campbelltown (6 December, 2pm, Campbelltown TAFE) and Hebersham (12 December, 11am, Butucarbin Aboriginal Corporation).
NCIE has a range of conference and meeting spaces and sporting facilities hired by hundreds of groups throughout the year. These events can also be enhanced by NCIE’s Indigenous-inspired catering. Find out more about holding your next event at the NCIE.